FSTA Librarian Advisory Board
FSTA has been providing a valuable service for researchers for over 50 years. Over the past 10 years the scientific information landscape has shifted. Today it is relatively easy to find lots of information, but harder to identify the relevant and reliable research needed to support current scientific endeavours.
Our mission is to fundamentally understand and best serve the information needs of the food community.
We established the FSTA Librarian Advisory Board in 2021 to advise IFIS on how to develop its services to meet this mission. By bringing their insights into current and emerging issues facing academic librarians, Board Members will help advise IFIS about both FSTA and our information literacy initiatives.
NORTH and SOUTH AMERICA
- Innocent Awasom, Associate Librarian (Research, Instruction & Outreach), Texas Tech University, USA
- Megan Frost, Life Sciences Librarian, Brigham Young University Library, USA
- Ruth Gustafson, STEM & Music Librarian (with focus on Biological, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences), Shields Library, University California Davis, USA
- Andrea C. Kepsel, Health Sciences Educational Technology Librarian, Liaison to the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Michigan State University Libraries, USA
- Katherine Miller, Faculty of Land and Food Systems Librarian and Nursing Librarian, Woodward Library, The University of British Columbia, Canada
- Jessica Page, Associate Professor, Science Liaison Librarian (Veterinary Medicine, Environment and Natural Resources, Animal Science and Food Science & Technology), The Ohio State University Libraries, USA
- Necia Parker-Gibson, Professor and Agriculture Librarian, University of Arkansas Libraries, USA
- Dr Shamin Renwick, Senior Librarian, School of Education Library, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
- Dr Magdeline Tao Tao Ng, Head of Learning Innovation and Research, NUS Libraries, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Vivian So, Electronic Resources Librarian, University of Hong Kong Libraries, Hong Kong
EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST and AFRICA
- Ria Derkx, Information Specialist Collection Development, Faculty Liaison Plant Sciences, Wageningen University & Research, Library, The Netherlands
- Suzan Mamabolo, Senior Librarian (Information and Learning Services) Mahikeng Library, North-West University, South Africa
- Sally Nalbandian, Head of the Science & Agriculture Library, University Libraries, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Jackie Skinner, Academic Liaison Librarian (Chemistry, Food & Nutritional Sciences, Pharmacy), University of Reading Library, UK
- Katherine Stephan, Research Engagement Librarian, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
We are undertaking further recruitment for the regions South America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa. If you are interested and would like to be considered, please contact Fiona Keyte.