FSTA Advisory Board
In 2018, IFIS re-established an expert advisory board for FSTA.
FSTA has been providing a valuable service for researchers for over 50 years. However, the last 10 years have seen radical changes, which have made it harder to locate scientific information that is both relevant and reliable. Relevance has become an issue because general search tools like Google Scholar produce an overwhelming number of irrelevant results. Whilst reliability is a growing problem caused by the proliferation of predatory journals and fake news.
The advisory board provides advice on:
- The coverage in FSTA (which becomes more challenging as research becomes more interdisciplinary)
- The content in FSTA (including which formats and titles to include)
- How to develop best practice in literature searching and literature reviews.
Founder members of the board include:
- Professor V.M. (Bala) Balasubramaniam, Professor, Food Engineering, Ohio State University, USA
- Professor Eric A Decker, Professor and Head of the Department of Food Science at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, University of Massachusetts, USA
- Professor E Allen Foegeding, William Neal Reynolds Distinguished Professor, Department of Food, Bioprocessing and Nutrition Sciences, North Carolina State University, North Carolina State University, USA
- Professor Alejandro Marangoni, Professor and Canada Research Chair, Food, Health and Aging, University of Guelph, Canada
- Professor Matt Moore, Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, University of Massachusetts, USA
- Professor Cristina Molina Rosell, Full Research Professor and Director in the Institute of Agrochemistry and Food Technology. Associate Professor of the University of Valencia (UV). President of Spanish Association of Cereal Science and Technology , Institute of Agrochemistry and Food Technology, Spain
- Professor Cristina Nerin, Professor of Analytical Chemistry, Directora del grupo GUIA, Instituto de Investigacion en Ingenieria de Arago, University of Zaragoza, Spain
- Professor Ki Hwan Park, Professor at Chung-Ang University, South Korea
- Professor Liu Shao Quan, Associate Professor, Food Science and Technology Programme, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Professor John RN Taylor, Professor in the Department of Consumer and Food Sciences, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Dr Jorge Welti-Chanes, Decano Académico Asociado, Escuela de Ciencias e Ingeniería, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Mexico
We are undertaking further recruitment in 2019. If you are interested and would like to be considered, please contact Jonathan Griffin.