This e-book focuses on pathogens of potential importance in the food safety of prepared chilled (PC) produce. It also addresses various microbiological factors affecting the survival and growth of these pathogens.
Key findings from investigations undertaken at the University of Limerick are presented in this context.
- Factors affecting survival and growth of pathogens on PC produce:
- Storage temperature
- Product type and combinations
- Minimal processing operations
- Modified atmosphere packaging
- Competition between pathogens and indigenous microflora
- Minimal processing and stress responses
- Implications of strain variation among pathogens
- Improving the safety of PC modified atmosphere packaged produce
YOU'RE IN CONTROL OF YOUR DATA
If you consent to receive marketing emails, there is a link at the bottom of each marketing email we send, which you can use to unsubscribe or change which emails you receive. Alternatively, contact us directly and we will be happy to help.
More details are available on our Privacy Statement.