Part 1. Literature searches, literature reviews and critical appraisal
The following two pages will give you a good overview of these key terms. Our explanations are designed to help build your understanding of why we undertake literature searches and literature reviews, what critical appraisal is, and hierarchies of evidence.
1. Literature reviews and searches - what are they and why do them?
- What is a literature review?
- What is literature searching?
- Why undertake literature reviews and searches?
2. Assessing the quality of information
- What is critical appraisal?
- What is quality and how do you assess it?
- Hierarchies of evidence
Ready to start your own literature searches and literature reviews? Check out our practical guide and templates.